Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas mark 6. Place the sweet potatoes on a baking tray. Pierce the skins with a knife and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until the potatoes have softened but are still slightly undercooked.
- Set the sweet potatoes aside until cool enough to handle, then peel and mash. Leave to cool.
- Heat one tablespoon of the oil in a pan over a medium-high heat and cook the onion and pepper for 5-6 minutes. Stir in the garlic and the chilli paste and cook for one minute longer.
- Place the beans in a bowl and mash them slightly so there are still some whole beans showing. Add the quinoa, coriander, lime zest and a good squeeze of lime juice. Stir in the sweet potato, the egg and the onion mixture, then season well with salt and pepper.
- Shape into six sliders, using wet hands as the mixture will be sticky.
- Place the polenta on a plate. Turn the patties in the polenta to coat all sides, then set them Creaside on a plate.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Working in batches if necessary to avoid crowding the pan, cook the sliders for 3-4 minutes per side or until golden and crisp.
- To serve, spread some mayonnaise on each bun and top with a slider. Add some avocado, lettuce and tomato and serve immediately.
Per serving: 533kcals, 12.9g fat (2.5g saturated), 83.5g carbs (6.9g sugars), 21.7g protein, 11.5g fibre, 0.273g sodium
Popular in Meat-free
Veggie-packed fried rice