Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat and cook the onion, garlic, ginger, chilli, celery and carrot for 5-6 minutes, stirring, until soft.
- Add the cumin, coriander and turmeric and cook for 30 seconds, stirring.
- Add the lentils, tomatoes and stock. Simmer, covered, for 40 minutes, until the lentils are tender. Stir in the coconut milk, spinach and fresh coriander. Season to taste.
- Meanwhile, steam the pumpkin and potato chunks (or cook in salted boiling water) for 8-10 minutes until tender. Drain thoroughly and return to the pan to steam dry. Mash with the butter and milk until smooth. Season to taste.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7. Grease six individual ovenproof dishes.
- Divide the lentil mixture between the dishes and top with the pumpkin mixture. Bake, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve hot.
Note: Vegan butter can be used as an alternative to butter, if you wish.
Per serving 476kcals, 20.7g fat (15.2g saturated), 58.9g carbs, 9.6g sugars, 18.3g protein, 22.7g fibre, 0.382g sodium
DinnerVeganFreezer-friendlyDinnerMeat-freeCholesterol-friendly recipesVegan DinnersLeftoversKidsFamily mealsBudget mealsComfort foodMake it HealthyVegetarian
Popular in Vegan
Salted caramel chocolate cookie bars