Makes 1 round loaf
400g Odlums Spelt Wholemeal Flour, plus more for dusting
1 tsp Odlums Bread Soda
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp honey
2½ tbsp vegetable or sunflower oil
- Preheat the oven to 190˚C/170˚C fan/gas mark 5 and dust a baking tray with flour.
- Place the flour in a large mixing bowl, sieve in the bread soda and salt and stir to combine.
- Whisk the honey, buttermilk and oil in a separate bowl, then gradually stir into the dry ingredients until a smooth dough forms.
- Dust a work surface with flour and gently knead the bread for a minute to form it into a round loaf.
- Place it on the prepared tray and use a sharp knife to cut a square across the top of the loaf. Bake for 45-50 minutes until golden brown. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
157kcals, 3.6g fat (0.8g saturated), 28.1g carbs, 4g sugars, 5.3g protein, 4.1g fibre, 0.32g sodium