Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the topping (optional):
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/ gas mark 4 and line the bottom of a 20cm round springform cake tin with a circle of non-stick baking paper.
- Put 400g of the speculoos spread (cookie butter) into a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high in 30-second bursts, stirring at each interval, until runny and smooth, then let it cool for about five minutes.
- Transfer to a large mixing bowl, then stir in the baking powder with a balloon whisk until combined. Gradually mix in the eggs until fully combined, then pour into your prepared tin and smooth out evenly with the back of a spoon.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Leave to cool in the tin for 30 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Melt the remaining speculoos spread in a microwave-safe bowl, then pour over the cake, spreading it out with the back of a spoon and letting it drip over the edge.
- Store in an airtight container for 4–5 days.
- For an additional topping, at Step 5, sprinkle the crushed biscuits over the top to decorate, if desired.
Popular in Cakes
Chai tea cake