100g streaky bacon, finely chopped
1 shallot, finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, crushed
Salt and black pepper
2 ripe tomatoes, chopped
1 x 198g tin of sweetcorn, drained
Juice of ½ lime
60g Parmesan, grated, plus extra to serve
1½ tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over a high heat and cook the pasta according to the package instructions.
- Place the bacon in a large pan over a medium heat and cook for 4-5 minutes until golden and crisp, stirring occasionally.
- Add the shallot, garlic and some salt and pepper. Cook for two minutes, stirring.
- Drain the spaghetti when cooked, reserving about one cup of the cooking water.
- Add the drained pasta, tomatoes and corn into the pan with the bacon and turn the heat to medium. Add about half of the reserved cooking water and stir until the pasta is coated and looks glossy, adding a splash extra if needed. Season generously with salt and pepper. Remove the pan from the heat and add the lime juice and Parmesan. Drizzle in the olive oil. Taste and add extra seasoning or lime juice, if needed.
- Divide between serving bowls and top with fresh rocket and some extra Parmesan.
Per serving: 660kcals, 35.8g fat (8.8g saturated), 62.6g carbs (4.1g sugars), 26.4g protein, 2.9g fibre, 0.791g sodium