Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Preheat your oven to 190°C/170°C fan/gas mark 3, and line a 22 x 22 cm square tin with baking parchment.
- Add the butter and sugar to the bowl of a stand mixer and whisk together until well combined.
- Add the egg and vanilla extract and whisk again. Add the plain flour, bicarbonate of soda, sea salt, cornflour, and chocolate chips. Mix until a thick cookie dough batter is formed.
- Push half of the mixture into the prepared tin – you might find it easier to use a lightly floured spatula to spread this evenly. Bake for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle the cookie layer with chocolate chips, chopped Snickers bars and chopped peanuts. Spread the caramel over the base cookie, leaving a small gap around the edge with no caramel. If you want it salty, sprinkle over the extra sea salt flakes.
- Add the second half of the cookie dough to the tin – you might find it easier to place it on in small lumps until it covers the caramel, as pushing it around the tin will ruin the caramel.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes (19 minutes will ensure they stay reasonably gooey).
- Once baked, leave in the tin to cool before portioning.
Per serving: 720kcals, 27.8g fat (11.2g saturated), 102.4g carbs (44.1g sugars), 18.3g protein, 5.5g fibre, 0.656g sodium
Popular in Biscuits & cookies
Gingerbread sandwich cookies