Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the doughnuts:
- In a jug, combine the milk and the yeast. Add one teaspoon of the flour and one teaspoon of the sugar. Whisk until well combined. Allow to sit in a warm spot for 10- 15 minutes or until frothy.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining flour, sugar and salt. Use a dough hook attachment on your mixer to mix until well combined. Slowly add in the beaten egg, melted butter and the yeast mixture.
- Mix for 8-10 minutes or until the dough is smooth and elastic (the dough should feel slightly sticky).
- Lightly dust your hands with flour and roughly shape the dough into a ball. Place into a large oiled mixing bowl. Cover with greased cling film and place a tea towel over the top. Allow to prove in a warm spot for 1-11⁄2 hours or until doubled in size. Line two large baking trays with non-stick parchment paper.
- Once the dough has proved, gently scrape the dough onto a floured surface. Using a floured rolling pin, roll the dough to about 1cm thick.
- Use an 8cm round cutter to cut out about 10 doughnuts, making sure to cut them out as close together as possible. Use a 3cm round cutter to cut out holes from the centres of the doughnuts.
- Carefully transfer the doughnuts and the holes onto the prepared baking trays.
- Cover the doughnuts with a tea towel and allow to prove for a further 40 minutes or until the dough has doubled in size.
- To cook the doughnuts, heat a deep fat fryer (or a pot filled with sunflower oil) to 180 ̊C. Working in batches, cook the doughnuts for about 3-5 minutes on each side. Once cooked, transfer to a plate lined with kitchen paper. Allow the doughnuts to cool fully.
- Once the doughnuts have cooled, spread on some of the marshmallow fluff on the top of each doughnut. Toast the marshmallow with a blowtorch or place under the grill for 1-2 minutes, until lightly toasted.
- Drizzle on the melted chocolate and sprinkle on some crushed Digestives.
Per Serving: 405kcals, 15g fat (4.9g saturated), 59.1g carbs (15.7g sugars), 9.4g protein, 2.9g fibre, 0.066g sodium
Popular in Bread