Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- In a measuring jug, mix the lukewarm water, sugar and yeast and set aside for a few minutes until it foams (if it does not foam, your yeast may be dead, and it would be best to start again with new, fresh yeast).
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or large mixing bowl, combine the flour and salt and make a well in the centre. Add the yeast mixture to the flour and combine using a fork until it just comes together. Knead with a dough hook attachment, or by hand on a lightly floured surface, for approximately five minutes, until the dough is smooth, springy to the touch and is just coming away from the edge of the bowl.
- Transfer the dough to a lightly oiled large bowl, dust with a little flour, cover with a tea towel and leave in a warm spot for one hour, or until it doubles in size.
- Oil a 25 x 35cm baking tray, transfer the dough to the tray and stretch it out to reach the corners, keeping it in a rough, even layer. Using your fingers, add dimples all over the dough, then add the cherry tomatoes, cut side up, and sprinkle the grated mozzarella and herbs on top. Add a generous splash of olive oil to cover the dough and sprinkle with sea salt. Leave the dough in a warm spot to rise again for 30 minutes.
- While the dough is proving, preheat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7.
- Bake the focaccia for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Portion and serve warm or cold.
Per serving: 598kcals, 12.8g fat (2.1g saturated), 104.5g carbs, 6.2g sugars, 16.2g protein, 6g fibre, 0.504g sodium
Popular in Dairy-free
Gambas al ajillo