100g Puy lentils
2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
2 small onions, chopped
4 garlic cloves, chopped
Pinch of chilli flakes
1 x 400g tin of tomatoes
Pinch of sugar
Pinch of smoked paprika
Salt and black pepper
1 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- Cook the lentils in a pot of boiling water according to the package instructions, then drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat and cook the onion for 5-6 minutes until soft and translucent. Add the garlic and chilli flakes and cook for one minute.
- Add the tomatoes, sugar and smoked paprika and season with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 8-10 minutes. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Add the lentils to the tomato sauce and stir to combine, then remove from the heat.
- Serve with a sprinkle of chopped coriander.
‘This dish is perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner!