Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Bring a small saucepan of salted water to the boil and cook the peas for 2-3 minutes, then drain and rinse under cold water.
- Place the pine nuts in a dry pan and heat over a medium-high heat, shaking frequently, for 1-2 minutes until lightly toasted and just fragrant. Be careful not to let them overcook. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Set aside about one handful of the peas. Add the remaining peas to a food processor along with the pine nuts, basil, dill, lemon zest, lemon juice, Parmesan and garlic. Season with salt and pepper and pulse until combined; the pesto should still have some texture.
- Slowly stream in the oil while continuing to whizz the mixture until incorporated.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil and cook the spaghetti according to the package instructions. Drain, reserving about 100ml of the cooking water.
- Return the pasta to its pot and toss with the pesto and the cooking water until coated. Fold in the smoked salmon.
- Season to taste and serve with extra dill and the reserved peas.
Per serving: 407kcals, 22.6g fat (3.9g saturated), 36.4g carbs, 3.2g sugars, 16.8g protein, 2.9g fibre, 0.594g sodium
ItalianDinnerFish & seafoodLow sugarDiabetic-friendly30-minute mealsLow-fatHigh-proteinOne-potCuisinesQuick and easyBudget mealsMake it Healthy
Popular in Italian
Spaghetti with lemon and chilli crabmeat