300g waxy potatoes, cut in half
Salt and black pepper
300g smoked haddock, chopped into chunks
1 bay leaf
1 leek, washed and chopped
2 tsp wholegrain mustard
100g peas, thawed if frozen
- Preheat the oven to 200˚C/180˚C fan/gas mark 6.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil and add the potatoes. Cook for 5-6 minutes until the potatoes are just starting to become tender but firm enough to grate. Drain and run under cold running water.
- Put the haddock in a saucepan and add the milk and bay leaf. Bring to a simmer and poach for five minutes. Drain the fish, reserving the milk. Set aside.
- Wipe out the pan and return to a medium heat. Add half of the butter and allow to melt. Add the leek and cook for five minutes until softened.
- Add the flour and stir vigorously for one minute, then remove the pan from the heat.
- Add the milk gradually, stirring well between each addition. Return to a medium-high heat and keep stirring until the sauce comes to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Stir in the mustard and peas.
- Gently fold the fish into the sauce. Transfer to a small ovenproof dish.
- Grate the potatoes into a bowl. Melt the remaining butter and drizzle over the potatoes. Season and toss to coat. Spread the potatoes over the top of the fish mixture. Place in the oven for 15 minutes until the potatoes are golden.
Per Serving 616kcals, 30.1g fat (17.9g saturated), 58.9g carbs, 14.7g sugars, 29.5g protein, 8g fibre, 0.552g sodium