Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- In a bowl, combine the chilli powder, cumin, coriander, paprika, sugar, salt and black pepper.
- Cut the pork shoulder into 4-5 chunks. Rub each piece all over with the spice mix.
- Heat the oil in a heavy-bottomed pan over a medium-high heat. Working in batches to avoid crowding the pan, brown the pork on all sides.
- Transfer to the bowl of the slow cooker and the onion, garlic, chillies, beans, chopped tomatoes and passata.
- Return the pan to a medium-high heat, add the beer or stock and allow to bubble for 2-3 minutes, scraping any sticky bits from the bottom of the pan using a wooden spoon. Pour into the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours.
- Remove the pieces of pork, transfer to a board and shred using two forks. Return to the slow cooker and stir to combine with the sauce.
- Serve with your favourite toppings and either chips, potato wedges, rice, tortilla chips or wraps.
Per serving: 489kcals, 32.9g fat (11.3g saturated), 8.7g carbs (3.6g sugars), 37.5g protein, 2.6g fibre, 0.495g sodium
DinnerFreezer-friendlyLow sugarDiabetic-friendlyHigh-proteinOne-potFamily mealsSlow cookerBudget mealsComfort foodMake it Healthy
Popular in Low sugar
Salmon en croute