2 chicken fillets
Salt and black pepper
2 x 400g tins of chopped tomatoes
½ an onion, finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried oregano
½ tsp dried chilli flakes (optional)
2 large handfuls of baby spinach
120g mushrooms, sliced
100g Mozzarella, grated
30g Parmesan, grated
- Season the chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. Place chicken into a 5.5l slow cooker.
- In a large bowl, combine the tinned tomatoes, onion, basil, oregano and chilli flakes, if using. Stir into the slow cooker and gently toss to combine. Cover and cook on the low setting for four hours.
- Remove the chicken fillets from the slow cooker and place on a chopping board. Use two forks to shred the chicken.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil and cook the pasta according to package instructions. Drain well.
- Stir the pasta, chicken, spinach and mushrooms into the slow cooker and top with the Mozzarella and Parmesan. Cover and cook on low for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until the cheeses have melted. Serve immediately.
Per serving: 495kcals, 13.4g fat (5.5g saturated), 53.7g carbs, 6.4g sugars, 40.8g protein, 3.4g fibre, 0.356g sodium