Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Place the flour in a large mixing bowl and season with salt and pepper. Toss the beef in the flour to coat, shaking off any excess.
- Heat half of the oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Working in batches so as to avoid crowding the pan and adding more oil as needed, brown the beef on all sides. Transfer to the slow cooker using a slotted spoon.
- Add the stock to the pan and allow to bubble, scraping up any sticky bits from the bottom using a wooden spoon. Pour the stock into the slow cooker slowly and stir together with the beef.
- Stir in the onions, ale, bay leaf, thyme, mushrooms, carrots and celery and season. Cover with a lid and cook in the slow cooker on high for four hours.
- Once cooked, scatter over some fresh thyme and serve with mashed potatoes.
Per serving: 559kcals, 22.1g fat (6.1g saturated), 17.7g carbs (4g sugars), 64.2g protein, 2.3g fibre, 0.298g sodium
Popular in Beef
Steak salad, air fryer crispy potatoes and zingy coriander oil