Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- In a bowl, combine the beef mince, chorizo, breadcrumbs, oregano, garlic, onion, egg, Parmesan and some salt and pepper. Mix until just combined. Shape the mixture into 2-3cm meatballs.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over a medium-high heat. Working in batches to avoid crowding the pan, brown the meatballs on all sides.
- In the bowl of a slow cooker, stir together the tinned tomatoes, tomato sauce, balsamic vinegar, basil, sugar and some salt and pepper. Gently stir in the meatballs.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pan of salted water to a boil over a high heat and cook the rigatoni according to package instructions.
- Divide the rigatoni amongst four serving bowls. Spoon over the meatballs and sauce and serve topped with extra Parmesan, black pepper and fresh basil.
Per serving: 872kcals, 31.2g fat (10.7g saturated), 81.1g carbs (12.7g sugars), 64.8g protein, 6.4g fibre, 1.082g sodium
ItalianBeefDinnerPastaSpecial OccasionsFamily mealsCuisinesSlow cookerDinner partyBudget mealsComfort food
Popular in Italian
Tomato, spinach and Mozzarella gnocchi