Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the curry paste
For the curry
- Place all the curry paste ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until you have a thick paste. Set aside.
- Place a large, open saucepan over a medium heat and add the vegetable oil and vegan butter. Once hot, add the chopped onion and fry, stirring often, for around three minutes or until just starting to brown.
- Add the curry paste and cook for a further three minutes. If the paste starts to catch, add a few tablespoons of water to the pan.
- Stir in the tomato purée and chopped tomatoes, then fill the empty tomato tin with water and add to the pan. Stir well and bring to a simmer.
- Add the vegan chicken and mango chutney, stir to combine and then cover with a lid. Leave to simmer for 20 minutes to allow the tomatoes to thoroughly cook down.
- Remove the lid and reduce the heat to low. Stir in the vegan yoghurt and coconut cream. Do not allow to boil or the yoghurt and coconut cream could spit; just warm to serving temperature. Taste and season with salt if needed.
- Top with chopped coriander and serve with rice.
Test Kitchen Tip: Síomha used one small red chilli; it was fairly mild, so we advise testing the heat level of chilli and judging it for yourself for the level of heat you like. Opt for a good-quality coconut milk; if not you might not be able to separate the cream from the top of the milk.
Per serving 462kcals, 19.8g fat (8.5g saturated), 34.2g carbs (11.6g sugars), 37.9g protein, 5.2g fibre, 0.831g sodium