Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Add the pasta and cook, stirring occasionally, until al dente. Drain the pasta, reserving about 180ml of the pasta cooking water. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, place the butter in a large pan and melt over a medium heat. Add the pancetta and cook for 4-5 minutes until crispy. Remove using a slotted spoon and set aside to drain on a plate lined with kitchen paper.
- Into the same pan, add the Brussels sprouts and cook for 5-6 minutes until golden. Season generously with black pepper and stir to mix.
- Add 120ml of the reserved pasta water to the pan and bring to a simmer. Add the pasta and reduce the heat to low.
- Add most of the grated Parmesan, reserving a little to serve, and toss with tongs until melted. If the pasta still looks a little too dry, add a splash or two more of the pasta water to loosen it, and toss to combine.
- Sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan and serve immediately with garlic bread or a salad.
Note: Bacon pieces can be used as an alternative to Pancetta, if you wish.
Per Serving 765kcals, 45.7g fat (24.1g saturated), 54.8g carbs, 1.6g sugars, 37.6g protein, 2.7g fibre, 1.238g sodium
ItalianChristmasDinnerPastaSpecial OccasionsLeftoversFamily mealsCuisinesQuick and easyDinner partyBudget meals
Popular in Italian
Spaghetti with lemon and chilli crabmeat