Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Melt 30g of the butter in a pot over a medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook for 6-8 minutes until softened, stirring occasionally.
- Add the rice and stir for two minutes, coating the grains in the butter. Add the wine and simmer, stirring regularly, until absorbed.
- Add a ladleful of the stock and simmer, stirring, until absorbed. Keep adding the stock bit by bit, stirring until almost completely absorbed before adding the next ladleful. When the stock has been absorbed, continue with the Parmesan broth, adding it little by little and stirring very often until the rice is tender and creamy, but retains a little bite.
- Stir in the Parmesan. Use a wooden spoon to beat in the remaining 20g of butter. Season to taste and sprinkle with some chopped basil and some extra Parmesan, if desired.
Per serving: 369kcals, 14.2g fat (8.8g saturated), 45.8g carbs, 2.1g sugars, 9.3g protein, 2.1g fibre, 0.942g sodium
ItalianDinnerMeat-free30-minute mealsSpecial OccasionsOne-potFamily mealsCuisinesQuick and easyDinner partyComfort foodVegetarian
Popular in Italian
Irish coffee affogato by EUROSPAR