1 tbsp oil
2 onions, finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp garam masala
½ tsp ground ginger
¼ tsp cayenne pepper
Salt and black pepper
2 x 400g tins of Batchelors Chickpeas
2 x 400g tins of chopped tomatoes
2 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
For the cucumber yoghurt:
120g plain natural yoghurt
½ a cucumber, deseeded and grated
1 tbsp lemon juice
- Heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat and cook the onions for 15 minutes until they are a deep golden brown, stirring often.
- Add the garlic, cumin, garam masala, ginger and cayenne pepper. Season with salt and black pepper and cook for one minute until fragrant.
- Add the chickpeas and tomatoes. Stir everything together and simmer over a medium heat for 10 minutes until the liquid is reduced slightly and the flavours have combined. Season to taste.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the natural yoghurt, cucumber and lemon juice. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Remove the curry from the heat and stir in the fresh coriander.
- Serve with the cucumber yoghurt and some rice.
Per serving: 194kcals, 7g fat (1.5g saturated), 26.7g carbs, 10.1g sugars, 8.2g protein, 6.4g fibre, 0.08g sodium
Recipe courtesy of Batchelors.