Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Place the dried mushrooms in a bowl, cover with boiling water and leave to soak for 15 minutes. Drain the mushrooms, reserving their soaking liquid
- Place the potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 10-15 minutes until soft. Drain and leave to cool slightly
- Mash the potatoes together with the olive oil, parsley and some salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat the rapeseed oil in a large heavy-based pan over a medium heat. Add the leeks and onions and cook for 4-5 minutes. Add the carrots, celery and the soaked mushrooms and cook for another five minutes until softened, stirring occasionally. Crumble in the stock cube and season with black pepper
- Add the garlic, oregano, tomato passata, paprika, squash and thyme. Increase the heat to medium-high and cook for five minutes
- Add the reserved mushroom stock and the chickpeas. Add the peas and spinach and cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, then season to taste
- Transfer the vegetable mixture into a large baking dish and carefully top with the mash
- Preheat the oven to 190˚C/170˚C fan/gas mark 5. Bake the pie for 40-45 minutes, until golden and bubbling around the edges.
Per Serving: 562kcals, 14.3g fat (1.6g saturated), 92.3g carbs (17.7g sugars), 21.7g protein, 23.4g fibre, 0.178g sodium
IrishDinnerVeganFreezer-friendlyDinnerMeat-freeCholesterol-friendly recipesVegan DinnersLow-fatKidsFamily mealsCuisinesSlow cookerBudget mealsComfort foodMake it HealthyVegetarian
Popular in Irish
Lemon sole with dillisk butter