Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the chicken marinade
For the tikka masala
- In a large bowl, stir together the chicken, lemon juice and large pinch of salt. Cover and leave to marinade for 10 minutes
- In a blender, combine the garlic, ginger, cumin, coriander, garam masala, paprika, chilli powder and yoghurt. Blend until smooth.
- Stir the yoghurt mix with the chicken. Add in oil and mix well until completely coated. Marinade for at least 30 minutes ,or overnight if possible.
- Heat one tablespoon of the oil in a frying pan over a medium-high heat. Working in batches, cook the chicken on all sides until cooked through, then set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add onions and fry for 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned. Add ginger and cook for one minute.
- Stir in the turmeric, coriander, paprika and chilli powder. Fry for one minute, then stir in the tomato purée and chopped tomatoes. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until they are soft. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and cream. Add in enough water to make a thick sauce. Season to taste. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes. Add more water if needed.
- Add the garam masala and chopped coriander. Heat through, then stir in the chicken.
- Serve with rice and warmed naan bread
Per serving: 481kcals, 25.9g fat (7.7g saturated), 14.9g carbs (6.7g sugars), 46.3g protein, 3g fibre, 0.171g sodium
ChickenDinnerFreezer-friendlyIndianDiabetic-friendlyCurryHigh-proteinKidsCuisinesBudget mealsMake it Healthy
Popular in Chicken
Peanut chicken salad