1 lemon, halved
80ml olive oil
2 small red onions, peeled and quartered
3 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tsp Dijon mustard
½ tbsp dried thyme
1 tbsp ketchup
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
Salt and black pepper
4 chicken drumsticks
2 tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- Squeeze the juice from the lemon into a large, resealable bag. Chop the squeezed-out lemon into chunks and add to the bag along with the olive oil, onions, garlic, mustard, thyme, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and a generous crack of black pepper.
- Seal the bag and squish to mix the ingredients together well. Add the chicken drumsticks to the bag, seal again and move the marinade around until the chicken is well coated. Place in the fridge to marinate overnight.
- Remove the chicken from the fridge 30 minutes before you’re ready to start cooking. Preheat the oven to 220˚C/200˚C fan/gas mark 7.
- Pour the contents of the bag into a large roasting tin and spread everything out a little. Season the sausages with black pepper. Turn the chicken pieces skin side up and season the skins with salt. Sprinkle the fresh thyme over everything.
- Bake for one hour until all of the meat is completely cooked throughout, turning the sausages halfway through.
- Divide the chicken, sausages and onions between plates, drizzle with some of the sauce from the roasting tin and serve with baked potatoes.
Per serving: 367kcals, 29.2g fat (5.8g saturated), 9.1g carbs (4.3g sugars), 18.8g protein, 1.8g fibre, 0.385g sodium
You can bake potatoes at the same temperature and for the same length of time as the main dish. Easy!