Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Preheat the oven to 200 ̊C/180 ̊C fan/gas mark 6.
- Heat two teaspoons of oil in a large pan over a medium-high heat and brown the sausages on all sides. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Heat another two teaspoons of the oil in a large pan over a medium heat and cook the onion for 5-6 minutes until softened. Season with salt and black pepper. Add the caraway or fennel seeds and cook for 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add the apple and wine. Turn the heat to medium-high and cook for 4-5 minutes until most of the wine has evaporated, stirring frequently.
- Cut the sausages into 1cm chunks and add to the pan along with the sauerkraut, vinegar, mustard and a generous crack of black pepper. Transfer to a 23 x 33cm baking dish.
- In a bowl, combine the potato slices with the remaining teaspoon of oil, the melted butter and a pinch of salt and toss to coat. Use the potato slices to cover the sauerkraut mixture, overlapping them tightly.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes until the potatoes are golden and the edges are crispy. Allow to stand for five minutes before serving.
Note: Fennel seeds can be used as an alternative to caraway, if you wish.
Per Serving: 312kcals, 19.7g fat (7.1g saturated), 17.8g carbs (9.7g sugars), 6.8g protein, 5.4g bre, 0.944g sodium
Popular in 30-minute meals