200g brown rice
80g smooth peanut butter
2 tsp soy sauce
1 tbsp sesame oil
2 carrots, chopped
150g frozen peas
2 spring onions, chopped
4 eggs, beaten
- Cook the rice according to packet instructions. Drain well and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the peanut butter, soy sauce and water. Stir vigorously until smooth, then set aside.
- Heat half of the oil in a pan over a medium heat. Cook the carrots for five minutes until just tender. Add the peas and spring onions and toss to combine.
- Add the rice and cook for two minutes until warmed through. Add the peanut butter mixture and stir to coat.
- Push everything to one side of the pan and add the remaining oil to the other side. Add the eggs to the hot oil and scramble lightly, then stir through the rice.
Per serving: 427kcals, 18.2g fat (4g saturated), 51.4g carbs (5.6g sugars), 16.8g protein, 5.9g fibre, 0.266g sodium
OPTIONAL EXTRAS: Use white rice instead of brown if that’s what you have. Add any other veggies you want to use up. If you like it spicy, add 2-3 tsp of sriracha to the peanut sauce.