Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Preheat the oven to 190˚C/170˚C fan/gas mark 5. Line a large baking tray with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder, bicarbonate of soda, cayenne pepper and cinnamon into a large bowl. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs. Add both of the sugars, the rapeseed oil, grated ginger and vanilla. Stir gently to combine.
- Slowly add the wet mix to the dry one (flour cocoa mixture) until it comes together into a dry cookie dough.
- Form golf-ball-sized balls of the dough and place them onto the prepared baking tray. Use your thumb to press each one down a little in the centre, then sprinkle in a small pinch of sea salt.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until they start to crack but the centres are still fudgy. Allow to cool on a wire rack for at least 10-15 minutes before eating.
Per cookie: 542kcals, 21.8g fat (5.5g saturated), 85.9g carbs, 57.7g sugars, 7.6g protein, 5.1g fibre, 0.258g sodium
These cookies make the best ice-cream sandwiches! We recommend using good-quality vanilla or salted caramel ice cream.
Popular in Biscuits & cookies
New York-style cookies