For the crumble:
120g plain flour
60g brown sugar
60g granulated sugar
50g walnuts, roughly chopped
90g butter, at room temperature
For the apples:
4 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
200g salted caramel sauce
Vanilla ice cream or custard
- Preheat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4.
- Combine the flour, sugars and walnuts in a mixing bowl. Rub in the butter until the mixture resembles wet sand.
- Toss the apples in a separate bowl with the lemon juice. Melt the butter in a large cast iron pan over a medium-high heat and add the apples. Cook for 5-7 minutes until softened.
- Remove from the heat and stir about 150g of the salted caramel sauce into the apples, tossing to coat.
- Scatter over the crumble topping and bake for 20 minutes until the crumble is golden and the mixture is bubbling. Drizzle with the remaining salted caramel sauce and serve with ice cream or custard.
Per Serving: 313kcals, 29.7g fat (7.7g saturated), 43.9g carbs (31.3g sugars), 3.5g protein, 2.8g fibre, 0.096g sodium