800g thick, skinless salmon fillets
2 heaped tbsp tandoori curry powder
250g low-fat natural yoghurt
1 bunch of mint
1 bunch of coriander
1 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for brushing
Juice of ½ a lemon
Salt and black pepper
½ cucumber, thinly sliced at an angle
1 ripe mango, peeled and sliced
1 red onion, finely sliced
Skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes if wooden
Garlic naan breads
- Cut the salmon into cubes and mix with the curry powder and two tablespoons of the yoghurt. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Place the remaining yoghurt in a bowl. Finely chop half of the mint and half of the coriander, setting the rest aside for the salad. Stir the chopped herbs into the yoghurt with the olive oil and lemon juice. Season well and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the cucumber, mango, red onion and the remaining mint and coriander.
- Heat a griddle or frying pan over a high heat and brush with a little olive oil. Thread the salmon cubes onto skewers and cook for about two minutes on each side until the salmon is cooked throughout.
- Serve the salmon skewers with the yoghurt dressing, the mango cucumber salad and some garlic naan.
Per Serving: 413kcals, 17.6g fat (3.1g saturated), 21.3g carbs, 15.2g sugars, 44.2g protein, 3.8g fibre, 0.293g sodium
MAKE IT YOURS: You could also cook the salmon skewers under a hot grill for 2-3 minutes per side or until done to your liking.