Vegetable oil, for brushing
12 asparagus spears, trimmed
2 carrots, grated
2 small onions, thinly sliced
2 salmon fillets, skins removed
Salt and black pepper
2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
2 tsp lemon zest, grated
2 spring onions, very thinly
½ a lemon, for squeezing
2 knobs of butter
Rice or boiled potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 230˚C/210˚C fan/gas mark 8.
- Cut two pieces of parchment paper around 24 x 30cm. Fold each piece in half lengthwise and cut to form a heart shape. Open each piece out again and brush with vegetable oil.
- Place half of the asparagus spears on one half of each piece of parchment. Toss the carrots and onions together in a small bowl and place half on top of each portion of the asparagus. Place one piece of salmon on top and season generously with salt and pepper.
- Top each portion with half of the sliced garlic, lemon zest and spring onions. Add a squeeze of lemon juice and place a knob of butter on top of each portion.
- Fold the other half of the parchment paper over the fish and vegetables. Starting at one corner, tightly crimp the edges of the paper to seal it tightly.
- Place the pouches on a baking tray and bake for 12 minutes. The pouches will puff up slightly.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately. Transfer each parcel to a plate. Carefully cut them open at the table, being wary of the steam that will escape. Serve with lemon wedges and rice or boiled baby potatoes.
Per serving: 425kcals, 23g fat (9.3g saturated), 20.4g carbs (9.2g sugars), 38.1g protein, 6.5g fibre, 0.291g sodium