Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Preheat the oven to 200 ̊C/180 ̊C fan/ gas mark 6. Place three tablespoons of olive oil or duck fat into a large roasting tin and place the tin into the oven while it preheats and gets hot.
- Pop the potatoes into a large pot of water and add one teaspoon of salt. Bring to a boil and cook for 5-6 minutes until slightly soft. Turn off the heat. Drain the potatoes well, and return the pan to the hot hob. Steam the potatoes dry for 2-3 minutes, shaking the pan every 20 seconds or so to rough up the edges.
- Remove the roasting tin from the oven and add the potatoes, being careful not to splash yourself with the hot oil. Use tongs to toss the potatoes in the fat to coat all sides. Season generously with sea salt and black pepper.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes, turning every 10 minutes or so. Sprinkle with rosemary and pop back in the oven for a final 10-15 minutes or until the potatoes are golden and crisp.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Add the Brussel sprouts and ham hock, and sauté for 5-6 minutes, until the sprouts are crispy and browned on both sides and the ham hock is hot. Season to taste.
- Mix in your roasted potatoes and serve immediately with poached eggs.
Per serving: 486kcals, 25.5g fat (5.7g saturated), 42.6g carbs, 5.5g sugars, 27.1g protein, 9.9g fibre, 1.086g sodium
Popular in Eggs
Mexican omelettes with avocado slaw
17 days ago
I'm definitely trying this recipe over the weekend!