2 onions, finely chopped
2 x 400g tins of cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
1 medium carrot, peeled and grated
1 medium parsnip, peeled and grated
200g Cheddar, grated
Small bunch of fresh parsley, chopped
Salt and black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a pan over a medium-high heat and cook the onions for 5-6 minutes until softened. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 190˚C/170˚C fan/gas mark 5 and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Place the cannellini beans in a large bowl and mash roughly, leaving some chunks remaining.
- Add the cooled onions and the remaining ingredients. Mix well and season generously.
- Divide the mixture into four equal portions. Shape each into a thick cutlet around the size of a chicken fillet.
- Place on the prepared baking tray and bake for 45-55 minutes until firm and crispy.
Per Serving 469kcals, 4.4g fat (1.7g saturated), 76g carbs, 5.6g sugars, 33.3g protein, 27.1g fibre, 0.293g sodium
MAKE IT YOURS
Use gluten-free bread for a coeliac-friendly version. To make this dairy-free, simply omit the Cheddar and add one extra grated parsnip.