Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Preheat the oven to 220 ̊C/200 ̊C fan/ gas mark 7. Line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the puff pastry and place on the prepared baking tray.
- Using a small knife, lightly score a border around 1cm in from the edge of the of pastry, being careful not to cut all the way through. Use a fork to prick the pastry all over inside the border. Bake for 20 minutes until lightly golden, rotating the tray halfway through. Remove and allow to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, place the carrots on a baking tray and toss with the olive oil. Season generously with salt and pepper, then spread out into a single layer. Roast the carrots for 15-20 minutes until the edges are golden brown but the carrots still retain their crunch.
- In a food processor, whizz together the ricotta, thyme, feta and garlic until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the ricotta mixture over the puff pastry sheet, leaving the border empty. Arrange the carrots in a neat single layer on top. Bake for 15-20 minutes until the carrots are tender and the edges of the ricotta are golden brown.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. Drizzle with some extra-virgin olive oil and scatter with fresh herbs to serve.
Per serving: 426kcals, 28.6g fat (9.5g saturated), 32.6g carbs (4.1g sugars), 10.3g protein, 2.4g fibre, 0.424g sodium
ChristmasDinnerStartersEasterDinnerMother’s DayMeat-freeLunch & snacksSpecial OccasionsKidsFamily mealsQuick and easyDinner partyBudget mealsVegetarian
Popular in Christmas
Mini veggie mushroom Wellingtons