Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the pastry:
For the filling:
- For the pastry, place the flour, poppy seeds and salt in a large bowl and grate in the cold butter. Use your fingertips to rub in the butter until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Add a little cold water, bit by bit – just enough to bring the mixture together into a dough. Wrap in cling film and place in the fridge to rest for one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ̊C/160 ̊C fan/gas mark 4.
- Place the butternut squash on a baking tray and drizzle with one tablespoon of the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and roast for 30-35 minutes or until soft.
- Heat the remaining oil in a large pan over a medium heat and cook the onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes. Add the lentils.
- Stir the miso together with two tablespoons of warm water and add to the lentil mixture. Simmer and reduce for 4-5 minutes, then add the spinach and roasted squash and season well with salt and pepper. Remove from the heat and allow to cool fully.
- Roll out your pastry. Using a small plate or bowl, cut out 8-12 circles. For each pie, top one circle with the filling, keeping it in the centre. Brush around the edges with beaten egg, then cover with a second circle of pastry. Use a small knife to trim the edges so that they are neat, then use a fork to crimp down the edges. Brush all over with egg wash and sprinkle with extra poppy seeds.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the pastry is fully cooked and golden brown in colour. Remove and allow to cool slightly before serving.
Per serving: 501kcals, 25.4g fat (12.1g saturated), 60.7g carbs (3.5g sugars), 14.9g protein, 7.9g fibre, 0.382g sodium
Popular in Meat-free
Veggie-packed fried rice