Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Add one teaspoon of olive oil to a wide pot or pan over a medium to high heat.
- Toss the beef in the flour, coating well. Add to the pan and cook, moving it all around the pan, for five minutes until browned on all sides. Remove and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium. Pour the remaining oil into the pan and add the onion, carrot and celery. Cook for 4-5 minutes, until softened, and then add the garlic and herbs.
- Pour in the wine and allow to bubble for 2-3 minutes, until evaporated. Then add the beef back into the pan, along with the chopped tomatoes, tomato purée, water, salt, pepper and chilli flakes.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer, uncovered, for 1 1⁄2 - 2 hours, until the beef is nice and tender. Add a little water if it starts to reduce and season as needed.
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions, drain and toss in a drizzle of olive oil. Serve with the ragù and a grating of Parmesan cheese.
Per serving: 666kcals, 20g fat (6.6g saturated), 41.5g carbs, 6g sugars, 70.4g protein, 3.1g fibre, 1.182g sodium
ItalianBeefDinnerFreezer-friendlyPastaValentine’s DaySpecial OccasionsHigh-proteinCuisinesDinner partyBudget mealsComfort food
Popular in Italian
Spaghetti with lemon and chilli crabmeat