Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Heat a griddle pan over a medium-high heat until very hot.
- In a large bowl, toss the pepper, aubergine, courgettes and tomatoes with two tablespoons of the olive oil and some salt and pepper.
- Working in batches to avoid crowding the pan, cook the pepper, aubergine and courgettes for 3-4 minutes per side until lightly charred and tender. Cook the cut sides of the tomatoes for 1-2 minutes.
- Return the cooked vegetables to the bowl. Add the red wine vinegar and rocket and toss to coat.
- Brush the bread slices with the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and cook on the griddle pan for 1-2 minutes per side until lightly toasted. Rub both sides of the toasts with the cut side of the garlic clove.
- Place one slice of garlic toast on each of four serving plates. Spoon the salad and any juices over the bread, then top with the mozzarella and fresh basil.
Per serving: 456kcals, 25.4g fat (9.6g saturated), 38.6g carbs (13.3g sugars), 22.2g protein, 8.9g fibre, 0.395g sodium
ItalianDinnerPicnicStartersMeat-freeSaladsCholesterol-friendly recipesLunch & snacks30-minute mealsSpecial OccasionsHigh-proteinFamily mealsCuisinesBarbecueQuick and easyMake it HealthyVegetarian
Popular in Italian
Tomato, spinach and Mozzarella gnocchi