For the raspberry sauce:
200g frozen raspberries
90g caster sugar (you may need a little more if the raspberries are very tart)
2 tbsp water
Zest of 1 orange (optional)
For the pancakes:
230g self-raising flour
Pinch of salt
¼ tsp bicarbonate of soda
1 tbsp caster sugar
2 large eggs
Butter, for cooking
- For the raspberry sauce, place all the ingredients in a small pot and bring gently to the boil. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- For the pancakes, sift the flour, salt, bicarbonate of soda and sugar into a large bowl and make a well in the centre. Add the eggs and buttermilk and whisk until smooth. Add a little more buttermilk if needed.
- Heat a heavy-based pan over a medium-high heat and add some butter. Add a ladleful of the batter and cook for about two minutes until bubbles start to appear in the centre of the pancake. Flip and cook for one minute longer.
- Transfer to a plate and keep warm while you repeat with the rest of the batter.
- Stack the pancakes and serve with the raspberry sauce.
Per serving 457kcals, 8.8g fat (4.4g saturated), 84.6g carbs (38.9g sugars), 11.1g protein, 3.8g fibre, 0.125g sodium