Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the sponge:
For the cream cheese icing:
- Preheat the oven to 190 ̊C/170 ̊C fan/gas mark 5. Line a 26x19cm tin with non-stick parchment paper.
- In a bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the lemon extract.
- Sieve in the flour and baking powder. Add the raspberries and fold until just combined
- Evenly divide the mixture between the prepared moulds. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Allow to cool fully.
- To make the cream cheese icing, in a large, beat together the icing sugar and butter until smooth. Add in the cream cheese and lemon extract, beat until smooth.
- Using a spatula or the back of a spoon spread the cream cheese icing on the cooled cake.
- Use sharp knife to cut into squares. Decorate each square with some lemon zest, fresh raspberries and fresh mint.
Popular in Cakes
Passionfruit meringue gateaux