170g uncooked quinoa
4 tbsp plain flour
1 tsp smoked paprika
½ tsp dried oregano
Salt and black pepper
1 large egg
4 fillets or white fish (e.g. haddock, cod, coley or pollock), cut into 3cm-thick fingers
- Preheat the oven to 220 ̊C/200 ̊C fan/gas mark 7.Line a baking tray with parchment paper and coat with cooking spray.
- Place the quinoa in a large pan over a medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes until lightly toasted, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool. Transfer the quinoa to a food processor and whizz for 20 seconds or until finely ground.
- In a shallow bowl, stir together the flour, paprika, oregano and some salt and black pepper. In a second shallow bowl, beat together the milk and egg. Pour the quinoa into a third shallow dish.
- One at a time, dredge the fish pieces in the flour, shaking off any excess, then coat in the egg, and finally turn to coat in the quinoa, gently pressing it on to coat. Place the coated fish fingers in a single layer on the prepared baking tray. Spray with cooking spray.
- Bake the fish fingers for 14-15 minutes until golden and cooked through, turning once halfway through.
- Serve with chips, lemon wedges and your favourite dipping sauce.
Per Serving 333kcals, 5g fat (0.9g saturated), 34.5g carbs (0.9g sugars), 35.8g protein, 3.5g fibre, 0.147g sodium