4 fillets of white fish, chopped into 3cm chunks
300ml whole milk
1 bay leaf
20g plain flour
1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
2 tbsp mature Cheddar, grated
2 tbsp fresh dill, chopped
Zest and juice of 1⁄2 a lemon
Salt and black pepper
120g frozen petits pois, thawed
1 x 400g pack of fresh gnocchi
1 tbsp olive oil
- In a shallow, heatproof pan, combine the fish, milk and bay leaf. Cover with a lid and place over a medium heat. Bring to a simmer and cook for 4-5 minutes until the fish is just cooked through. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the fish to a plate and set aside. Carefully pour the milk into a jug, discarding the bay leaf.
- Return the pan to a medium heat. Add the butter and allow to melt, then
stir in the flour and cook for two minutes, stirring constantly.
- Gradually whisk in the reserved milk to form a smooth sauce, then allow to bubble and thicken for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the mustard, Cheddar, dill, lemon juice and plenty of black pepper. Return the fish to the pan, add the peas and stir gently to combine. Taste and add salt if necessary.
- Turn the grill on to a high heat. In a bowl, toss the gnocchi with the olive oil, then gently spread out over the fish.
- Place under the hot grill for 5-6 minutes or until the gnocchi are golden brown. Scatter with the lemon zest and serve with your favourite green vegetables.
Per Serving 398kcals, 12.5g fat (5.1g saturated), 36g carbs (6.1g sugars), 34.6g protein, 4.4g fibre, 0.666g sodium