2 nests of thin egg noodles
2 chicken fillets, chopped into strips
2 tsp cornflour
1 tsp Chinese five spice
Salt and black pepper
1 tbsp vegetable oil
60g mangetout, chopped
1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
4 spring onions, chopped
2 tbsp soy sauce
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tbsp honey
2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce or hot chilli sauce
- Cook the noodles in boiling water according to the package instructions.
- In a bowl, toss the chicken with the cornflour, the five spice and some salt and black pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large wok or pan over a medium-high heat and stir-fry the chicken until golden, working in batches if necessary to avoid crowding the pan. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add the mangetout, red pepper and half of the spring onions to the same pan and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the pan and add the soy sauce, lemon juice, honey and chilli sauce along with a splash of water. Allow to bubble for 2-3 minutes until the chicken is completely cooked through.
- Toss together with the noodles, divide between two bowls and scatter over the remaining spring onions to serve.
616kcals, 18.1g fat (4.6g saturated), 63.2g carbs (15.4g sugars), 49.6g protein, 7.7g fibre, 1.403g sodium