2 nests of thin egg noodles
2 chicken fillets, chopped into strips
2 tsp cornflour
1 tsp Chinese five spice
Salt and black pepper
1 tbsp vegetable oil
60g mangetout, chopped
1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
4 spring onions, chopped
2 tbsp soy sauce
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tbsp honey
2 tbsp sweet chilli sauce or hot chilli sauce
- Cook the noodles in boiling water according to the package instructions.
- In a bowl, toss the chicken with the cornflour, the five spice and some salt and black pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large wok or pan over a medium-high heat and stir-fry the chicken until golden, working in batches if necessary to avoid crowding the pan. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Add the mangetout, red pepper and half of the spring onions to the same pan and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the pan and add the soy sauce, lemon juice, honey and chilli sauce along with a splash of water. Allow to bubble for 2-3 minutes until the chicken is completely cooked through.
- Toss together with the noodles, divide between two bowls and scatter over the remaining spring onions to serve.
Per Serving: 616kcals, 18.1g fat (4.6g saturated), 63.2g carbs (15.4g sugars), 49.6g protein, 7.7g fibre, 1.403g sodium