Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7. Line the base and sides of a shallow baking tin with parchment paper.
- Put the flour in a food processor with the salt and butter. Whizz until the mixture looks like breadcrumbs.
- Add the lemon zest. Add two tablespoons of lemon juice to a jug. Add enough water to the jug to make up to 120ml, then add to the food processor with the pecans.
- Whizz everything together into a dough. Add a splash of water if the dough is very dry.
- Turn the dough out on to a lightly floured surface and roll out to 2cm thick. Cut out scones using a round cutter and transfer them to the baking tray. Brush the scones with the reserved lemon juice.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown. Transfer to a wire tray to cool. Store the scones in an airtight container for up to three days.
Per Serving 199kcals, 12.5g fat (3.5g saturated), 18.9g carbs, 0.6g sugars, 3.6g protein, 1.9g fibre, 0.046g sodium
Recipe courtesy of Fiona Broderick
SconesFreezer-friendlySweet thingsBreakfast & BrunchLow-fatSpecial OccasionsAfternoon teaBakingMake it HealthyVegetarian
Popular in Scones