1 large onion, roughly chopped
3cm piece of fresh ginger, roughly chopped
4 garlic cloves
2 green chillies, deseeded if preferred, roughly chopped
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp dried coriander
½ tsp chilli powder
1 x 400g tin of tomatoes
2 tbsp tomato purée
4 hard-boiled eggs, whole
½ tsp sugar
Small bunch of coriander leaves, chopped
- In a food processor, combine the onion, ginger, garlic and chillies and whizz into a rough paste.
- Heat the coconut oil in a wok and cook the paste for 3-4 minutes until the onion changes colour.
- Add the turmeric, sugar, garam masala, coriander and chilli powder. Stir until well combined.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, tomato purée, a pinch of salt and the eggs. Simmer, covered, for 12-15 minutes.
- Season to taste, stir in the chopped coriander and serve with rice and a dollop of natural yoghurt.
Per serving: 167kcals, 9g fat (4.6g saturated), 14.7g carbs, 6.8g sugars, 8.6g protein, 3.2g fibre, 0.159g sodium
TOP TIP: If you like spicier food, leave the seeds in the green chillies when adding to the food processor.