1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 onion, finely sliced
1 green pepper, deseeded and chopped
Salt and black pepper
1 tbsp garam masala
Pinch of dried chilli flakes
1 tsp ground turmeric
1⁄2 tsp smoked paprika
1 garlic clove, crushed
3 x 100g packs of Homebird Irish Roast Chicken, chopped
500g cooked basmati rice
300g baby spinach leaves, chopped
Squeeze of lemon juice
4 tbsp natural yoghurt
Handful of fresh coriander, chopped
- Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium heat. Cook the onion and pepper for 5-6 minutes until softened. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Add the garam masala, chilli flakes, turmeric, paprika and garlic and cook for one minute.
- Add the Homebird chicken and cooked rice and stir to combine well. Cook for 4- 5minutes until completely heated through, adding a splash of water if needed to prevent the rice from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Add the spinach and stir for 2-3 minutes until wilted. Squeeze in the lemon juice and stir, then taste and add more salt and/or pepper if desired.
- Divide amongst serving bowls and dollop over some natural yoghurt. Scatter with some chopped fresh coriander to serve.
Per serving 390kcals, 8.2g fat (1.5g saturated), 60.5g carbs, 3.1g sugars, 25.7g protein, 3.1g sugars, 5.9g fibre, 0.105g sodium
Recipe proudly brought to you by