Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the sauce:
For the chow mein:
- For the sauce, combine the cornflour and soy sauce in a small bowl, then stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Place the chicken in a sealable bag and pour over one tablespoon of the chow mein sauce. Set aside to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil over a high heat and cook the noodles according to the package instructions.
- Heat the peanut oil in a wok or large frying pan over a high heat. Add the chicken, shaking off any excess marinade. Cook for about one minute until just browned on all sides. Add the garlic and cook for 10 seconds, stirring.
- Add the cabbage, carrot and the white parts of the spring onions. Cook for 1-2 minutes until the cabbage is just starting to wilt and the chicken is cooked through.
- Add the noodles, sauce and water. Cook for just one minute, tossing well to coat everything in the sauce.
- Stir through the bean sprouts, water chestnuts and the green parts of the spring onions. Remove from the heat and serve.
Sherry can be used as an alternative to chinese cooking wine, if you wish.
Medium egg noodles can be used as an alternative to chow mein noodles, if you wish.
Per Serving 554kcals, 21g fat (4.4g saturated), 47.7g carbs, 12.9g sugars, 38.1g protein, 7g fibre, 1.025g sodium
ChickenDairy-freeDinnerDinnerChinese30-minute mealsHigh-proteinKidsFamily mealsCuisinesFree-fromQuick and easyBudget mealsMake it Healthy
Popular in Chicken
Easy fried chicken and asian slaw