Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the icing
For the ganache drip
- Line a 20cm cake tin with a double layer of cling film.
- Place a large heat-proof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, add the butter, chocolate and condensed milk and melt, stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat once smooth.
- Add the biscuits to the chocolate and mix. Add the Quality Street and mix again.
- Tip mixture into the prepared tin and press down to ensure there are no gaps within the mix. Refrigerate for a minimum of four hours, or ideally overnight. Once set, remove from tin and peel away the cling film.
- To make the buttercream, beat the butter until light and fluffy. Add the icing sugar and vanilla and beat until smooth. Add a splash of milk to lighten the mixture if needed.
- Use a palette knife or offset spatula to spread the buttercream over the top and sides of the cake. Glide a straight scraper around the sides of the cake until smooth. Refrigerate for 30 minutes until firm to touch.
- To make the ganache drip, add the chocolate to a large bowl. Heat the cream over a low heat until just bubbling, pour it over the chocolate and let sit for 30 seconds before stirring until smooth. Using a teaspoon, gently add drips around the edge of the cake, filling in the entire top layer. Place the cake in fridge for 5-10 minutes to set.
- To decorate the cake, use a paintbrush to splatter edible gold paint over the cake – the messier the better! Cover the top with wrapped Quality Street chocolates and sprinkle mini fudge pieces all over.
Test Kitchen Tip: To crush your biscuits quickly and easily, use the paddle attachment on your electric stand mixer at low speed.
Per serving: 642kcals, 44.3g fat (25.3g saturated), 56.1g carbs (30.5g sugars), 4.3g protein, 1.5g fibre, 0.185g sodium