For the whipped goat’s cheese:
250g fresh goat’s cheese
1½ tbsp olive oil
For the rösti:
800g Ballymakenny Violetta potatoes, peeled and grated
2 eggs, beaten
2 tsp plain flour
½ tsp baking powder
1 small onion, finely chopped
Rapeseed or vegetable oil, for frying
8 slices of Irish smoked salmon
- For the whipped goat’s cheese, place the goat’s cheese and olive oil in a blender and whizz until light and smooth. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Wrap the grated Violetta potato in a clean tea towel and squeeze very well, removing as much liquid as possible.
- Place the grated potato into a large mixing bowl and add the egg, flour, baking powder and chopped onion. Season generously, then stir to combine.
- Melt a knob of butter in a heavy-based frying pan over a medium heat. Add around one-eighth of the mixture and flatten into a ½cm-thick round.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes per side or until golden brown. Drain on kitchen paper and keep warm in a low oven while you repeat with the remaining mixture, forming eight rösti pancakes in total.
- Stack the röstis with slices of smoked salmon, dollops of the whipped goat’s cheese and a sprinkling of chives. Serve with lemon wedges, for squeezing over.
Per Serving 515kcals, 32.2g fat (12.7g saturated), 35.1g carbs (3.8g sugars), 25g protein, 5.3g fibre, 0.488g fibre