Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas mark 7.
- Place the peppers, courgette and red onion in an ovenproof dish. Drizzle with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 10 minutes, then add the cherry tomatoes and return to the oven for five minutes longer.
- Roll out the puff pastry sheet. Line a baking tray with parchment and place the pastry on top.
- Using the tip of a small, sharp knife, mark a border around 1cm in from the edge of the pastry, being careful not to cut all the way through. Prick the pastry inside the border all over with a fork and brush generously with beaten egg. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until puffed up and golden.
- Remove the pastry and vegetables from the oven and reduce the heat to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4. Toss the roast chicken through the vegetables, then arrange the mixture over the top of the puff pastry, leaving the border empty. Return to the oven for five minutes until everything is piping hot throughout.
- To serve, drizzle with a little extra-virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar, then top with some grated Parmesan and scatter with torn basil leaves or chopped parsley
Note: Fresh parsley can be used as an alternative to fresh basil, if you wish.
Per serving 436kcals, 28.6g fat (7.1g saturated), 29.4g carbs (3.3g sugars), 16.1g protein, 2.3g fibre, 0.243g sodium