Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the sauce:
For the pad Thai:
- In a bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the sauce and set aside.
- Cook the noodles according to the package instructions, then rinse under cold water, drain and set aside.
- Heat the peanut oil in a pan over a medium heat. Pour the beaten egg into the skillet and use a spatula to scramble it gently. Add the prawns and cook for another minute.
- Add the noodles to the pan, then pour the sauce over the noodles and reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook for another 4-5 minutes, stirring, until the sauce thickens.
- Stir in the bean sprouts and remove the pan from the heat. Divide between plates and top with chopped peanuts and coriander. Serve with lime wedges and sliced chillies.
Vegetable stock can be used as an alternative to Chicken stock, if you wish.
Thai chilli sauce can be used as an alternative to Sriracha sauce, if you wish.
Per Serving 491kcals, 19.3g fat (4.4g saturated), 38.7g carbs, 16.2g sugars, 40.5g protein, 2.2g fibre, 1.76g sodium
Vary the type and the amount of chilli sauce to suit your heat preference
Popular in Fish & seafood
Pistachio crumbed salmon