4 Bramley apples, peeled and cut into chunks
50g caster sugar
600g pork chops
Salt and black pepper
Oil, for cooking
200g black pudding
- Heat half of the butter in a saucepan and add the apples, sugar and 200ml of the cider. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes until the apples are very soft.
- Season the pork chops with salt and pepper. Heat some oil in a pan and cook the chops for 3-4 minutes per side until golden brown and cooked through. Remove from the pan, cover with foil and set aside to rest.
- Add the black pudding to the pan and cook for two minutes per side until crisp. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add the remaining cider to the pan and use a wooden spoon to scrape any sticky bits from the bottom. Stir in the rest of the butter.
- Add the pork chops to serving plates and drizzle over the pan sauce. Top with the crispy black pudding and the apple sauce. Serve with roasted vegetables.
Per serving: 1000 kcals, 61g fat (23.6g saturated), 67.8g carbohydrates, 39.8g sugars, 41.2g protein, 2.6g fibre, 0.879g sodium
Click here for sage and apple sausage rolls…