Tick the ingredients you need to add your shopping list.
For the potato salad:
For the salmon:
- Place the potatoes in a large pan, add a pinch of salt and cover with 2-3cm of cold water. Bring to the boil over a high heat and cook for 8-10 minutes until tender when pierced with a fork. Drain in a colander and set aside to cool a little.
- In a large bowl, combine the mayonnaise with the mustard, lemon juice, chives and shallots. Season with salt and black pepper.
- When the potatoes are still a little warm, toss them with the mayonnaise mixture.
- Season the salmon fillets with a little salt. Place the wine, water, onion and herbs in a large pan over a medium heat and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Place salmon fillets into the pan, skin-side down. Cover and cook for 6-8 minutes, or until done to your liking.
- Serve the salmon with the potato salad, generous handfuls of watercress or lamb’s lettuce and lemon wedges on the side.
Per serving: 371kcals, 14g fat (2.1g saturated), 30.6g carbs (1.4g sugars), 32.5g protein, 5.3g fibre, 0.278g sodium
MAKE IT YOURS
Use smoked salmon or griddled crispy bacon instead of the prosciutto, if preferred.
Poaching is a very healthy, quick, and straightforward way to cook salmon. Why not poach a few extra fillets and use them for packed lunches?