2 tsp vinegar
1½ tbsp olive oil
2 tomatoes, sliced
Salt and black pepper
220g mushrooms, sliced
½ tsp dried Thyme
4 large eggs
2slices of wholemeal bread, toasted
20g Parmesan, grated
1 tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- Fill a pan with about 5cm of water. Add the vinegar and bring to a bare simmer.
- Meanwhile, heat half a tablespoon of the oil in a large pan over a medium-high heat. Add the tomatoes, season with salt and pepper and cook for 1-2 minutes per side until just tender. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of oil in the pan over a medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms, thyme and some salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 6-7 minutes until golden brown and soft.
- Meanwhile, crack the eggs into separate ramekins or saucers. One at a time, slide each gently into the simmering water. Cook for 2-3 minutes for slightly runny yolks and remove with a slotted spoon.
- Top each slice of wholemeal toast with sliced tomatoes, mushrooms, two eggs, a sprinkle of Parmesan and some salt and pepper. Sprinkle with chives and serve.
Note: (For Vegetarians) Vegetarian cheese can be used as an alternative to Parmesan, if you wish.
Per serving: 401kcals, 23.9g fat (6.2g saturated), 29.6g carbs, 7g sugars, 22.8g protein, 5g fibre, 0.607g sodium
MAKE IT YOURS: Add two grilled rashers to each serving to make this a healthy version of a fry-up!